Net holder

wildtrout2

wildtrout2

I'm going to try out this net holder idea I came up with. It does away with traditional lines/flex cords that can lose their memory, and or, get hung up on things. The spring clamp has a very tight grip that won't come loose, and can be placed anywhere that's convenient for easy access. It can be released and handled with one hand, while you hold your rod/fish with the other. I'll see how it works out. Thoughts are welcome.

Attachments

• IMG_4382.JPEG
    IMG_4382.JPEG
    316.8 KB · Views: 211
Last edited:
Interesting idea - the "french clip" on steroids. I like my french clip, but it gets jammed once in a while and this would eliminate that problem. What did you plan to clip this to? I have a loop of rope that hangs down the middle of my back from my chest-pack straps. I then clip the french clip to the rope loop. I guess the spring clamp could clip onto the loop instead.
I like having a flex cord so that I can release the net and let it fall behind me then pick it up when the fish gets close. But you're right, they lose their elasticity after a while. I was thinking of making a bulk purchase of mini shock cord (mini bungee material) at Joanne's or online. Then come up with some method to easily replace the cord when it loses its oomph.

Have you considered a magnetic net holder in conjunction with a retractor?

Gear Keeper makes a bunch of different suitable retractors.

What did you plan to clip this to?
I'm not exactly sure where I'll clip it yet. I'll have to get geared up to see where it works best, access wise. Maybe clip it somewhere on my vest, or maybe on my wader belt. This set-up kind of eliminates some of the swinging around that a net tends to do. I just didn't like the cords, because of possible snagging.

Last edited:
interesting idea. i just tuck mine inside my wading belt. works out well for me

The incredibly few times I carry a net, it's a folding job in a scabbard/pouch on my belt.

It's maybe not as pretty as some of the nets out there, but nothing gets tangled...

Is the net really curved like that or is the picture distorted somehow

I use a s hook like this. But it’s metal.

Attachments

• 87DDFA3B-B5B3-498A-9CB9-1E1A4F512F5A.jpeg
    87DDFA3B-B5B3-498A-9CB9-1E1A4F512F5A.jpeg
    84.3 KB · Views: 31
I like the idea love the net. If nothing else, it will improve your grip strength.

I have to admit, that's a beautiful net...
Thanks, I really like it. It is well made. Another forum member showed one in a post, and I decided I wanted one.
I won't use it on most of my trout, but it's for that one big native that I don't want to chance losing.

I'm going to try out this net holder idea I came up with. It does away with traditional lines/flex cords that can lose their memory, and or, get hung up on things. The spring clamp has a very tight grip that won't come loose, and can be placed anywhere that's convenient for easy access. It can be released and handled with one hand, while you hold your rod/fish with the other. I'll see how it works out. Thoughts are welcome.
Perhaps we should call it the French Connection?

Back