Neshannock

H

hof52

Want to drive up from pittsburgh tomorrow does anyone no the conditions called the shop but it was closed really want to get out but dont want to waste a day thanks for the help
adam

Check the shops website they post stream conditions twice a day

Drove past the creek several times today. Looked like fine conditions, go fishing.

thanks most likely going up tomorrow

Me and my friend are going up as well since it'll be nice out, I have never fished the whole DHALO and I would like to before the season well prob start at the shop if you run into us say hello.

Ok ill see when i get up there should be interesting never fished any of this before and still very green with the fly rod

I'd stick to fishing by the shop since it doesn't get float stocked in the fall, although on some years(in the fall) when they supposedly only stocked it by the shop I still did very well in the lower DHALO, although they could have been holdovers but I didn't think so. Let us know how you do, I haven't been on it since November.

I think if they were stalked in the fall, they'll be in the slowest deepest hole there, not like they cant swim up or down right?

Or you can do like I do and pretend they are real trout and will be found anywhere there is good holding water. Novel idea, I know, but so crazy it might just work!!!!

Yeah they do swim lol and they can and do move downstream but the majority will still be by the shop. I agree with Pennkev, although you'll be fishing lots of good water that'll lack fish(at least in the fall/winter), but eventually you might pick up one or two using his crazy idea lol.

Was just at the fly shop wednesday and it looked pretty nice. If you go to the covered bride and go upstream to where it spits into a Y. theres a nice little deep hole there you can usually catch some nice trout. good luck!

Back