Neshannock Creek

E

Ed007

I am planning on going up to Neshannock Creek Thursday December 26th. I have never fished this stream and looking for suggestions on parts of the stream to fish and fly selection for this stream this time of year. Should I just stick with midges or are there other patterns that work well this time of year. Thanks for the help!!!

Volant, PA there is a fly shop right on the creek.

I know that area receives trout. I don’t know much about the stream but you can check in at the shop.

https://www.ncflyshop.com/

Good luck

As noted above start at the shop and walk down stream. There's a trail across the street from the shop/parking area. It really does not get much easier and i'm sure there will be fish where ever you choose to stop.

Thanks for the info. Planning on walking downstream a ways then fishing my way back. Thanks again and Merry Christmas!

In the Fall stocking it got mostly Brook Trout and I’ve heard of a few tigers being caught, so the PFBC must have emptied all of their undesirables into the Neshannock. They are a nice size. I would use big flies and not midges, but that’s just me.

I’m curious to know how your day of fishing on Neshannock Creek went?
Thank you.

Back