Neshaminy Creek Areas

T

tobewan77

hey guys. Due to family issues i find myself living next to this creek where Buck Rd crosses. I'd love to be able to walk out for some smallie action.

Last night i walked in at the bridge. Found it very rocky but not a ton of specific cover. Caught a bunch of nice bluegills and one fingerling smallmouth.

My question is if there are better sections of this stream? With two small daughters on my own I don't typically have a ton of time to fish so was hoping i missed something out my backdoor.

Thanks

Take a look downstream from Buck Road below where Newtown Creek comes in. There is a railroad bridge you should try. Downstream from that bridge is more structure. It's been decades, but that was a good spot back in the day.

Please let me know how it fishes now.

Used to be good small fishing throughout that area of Bucks County. The SP is over fished, but above and below the park can be good. Access is at most road crossings.

+1

Look for current and rock structure. I never did well in those long, slow muddy pools (except for carp).

I floated/drug from Rushland- Jamison rd to tyler park last weekend. Small smallies and rock bass. The RR bridge below Little Neshaminy looked good but we had way to many kayaks/canoes to fish effectively. Saw about a dozen smallmouth in the 15-18 inch range. Strange thing was that I didn't see one crayfish, but lots of bait fish.

Back