Neighbors (Off Topic)

littlejuniata

littlejuniata

Not only does my neighbor plow my 2 block lane and drive for free, but he called a little while ago and told us not to worry, that he would plow right after he is done working. Gotta love good neighbors!!

Our neighbor used to be like that...don't know any more...first big snow in years. Once he plowed...with the same tractor he mows his lawn with...every driveway on our street. Yup, plowed a big pile in front of my garage door...front door...had to go out the back door to the deck so I could go out and dig out access to the front of the house...

My driveway is about 400 ft long. I have a neighbor that uses about half of it. So far this year I shelled out about 100 bucks in salt and an equal amt in bengay. I havn't seen him yet. Maybe I will teach my dog to crap in his garden this summer :lol:

Ryan:

At least you don't have some 40 year old homeless guy with a broken plastic snow shovel knocking your do asking for 10 bucks to shovel the walk.

I learned a long time ago that if you tell them you will pay after they are done you get a shovel wide strip shoveled. Three or four homeless dudes and you are done. Pay the last one

Here in philly, those guys don't take no for an answer. It's brutal.

I have a fairly new neighbor that lives next door to me, he has a snowblower. Yesterday he cleaned all my sidewalks and part of my drive way in front of my van and salted the whole thing, said he would do it again tomorrow.

Now thats a neighbor for ya, I am hoping he'll at least take some money for it but I doubt it!

My dear wife is very happy because she does all the shoveling!

PaulG

I have a neighbor who mows my lawn almost daily in the warmer months, and rakes leaves in the fall. I can't beat him to any of it. But, it does give me more time on the weekend for fishing.
Chris

CRB,
Thats a little spooky. If my neighbors were in my yard raking my leaves I would probably send them a warning shot or two. I would think that there must be an alterrior motive somewhere.

Heck 'em do the work. I've come home to my neighbors planting flowers in my yard. They had some extra and did not want to waste them. Also, I take beer or two from my neighbors garage when his beer is closer than mine :pint:. I buy him a case every once and awhile. You do have to get past the dogs, but they know who is cool and who is not.

My two neighbor's on both sides that had snow blowers moved. I was out shoveling and breaking my back. Then my other neighbor (My Daddy O's Favorite) down the street walked down with is snow blower to be plowed back in by the township. I love that... I got disgusted and walked up to the tavern up the street then. :pint: :pint: :pint: Is it Spring yet? PaulG Bay Fishing Daughter....

Neen

I don't know why you just don't marry that guy and get it over with :)

Back