need new waders for steelhead

D

dado5

I am going to new York for steelhead next week. I have a pair of Simms G3 stocking foot waders which I love. My feet tend to be very wimpy in the cold. I need to get some boot foot waders so I have enough room for wool socks and toe warmers. I hate buying cheap stuff that I just end up replacing down the road with better stuff.

I have looked at Simms boot foot waders but not sure if I want to spend that much until I am sure I will be doing more of this kind of fishing. I don't want neoprene and would like breathable. I am thinking of getting some frogs tongs which are around $200. Anyone have experience with these or other breathable boot foot waders that are decent for around that price?

just get the neoprenes im in the same boat. while it sucks and you look silly my buddy is always in the water faster and stays there longer with his dopey neoprenes.

Agree with the neoprenes. I got some form Cabela's years ago. Bootfoot with insulation in the boots. There are heavy, clumpy and yeah, dopey but very warm. Can fish all day in cold weather.

Back