Need a new camera

Jake41

Jake41

I need a new waterproof digital camera. I am willing to spend between $ 200 - 300 tops. I don't need all bells and whistles(GPS, video) just a tough camera that takes really good pictures. I welcome suggestions.
Thanks in advance.

Honestly a iPhone 7 or the newest Samsung galaxy in a waterproof case will probably keep up with any waterproof camera in the $200-$300 range as far as picture quality goes. A good camera, above smart phone capabilities, can get pricey in a hurry.

I use a Samsung Nx3000 mirrorless myself. It was around $500 new. Comparable quality to DSLR's and a smaller size. You may be able to find some used ones in the $200-$300 range on eBay.

Maybe the new GoPro's and other action cameras are better now and worth a look? I have a Hero 3 that I received as a gift one year and it's picture quality isn't very good.

For cheap but decent, check out a used Olympus Tough 8010
http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2055119.m570.l1311.R1.TR1.TRC0.A0.H0.Xtough+8010.TRS0&_nkw=olympus+stylus+tough+8010&_sacat=0

If you want more flexibility (additional lenses, etc), Olympus TG-4 .....if you can find one.

The Pentax WG-10. Waterproof, Shock proof to a 5ft drop. Pretty much adventure proof. SD card, removable inboard rechargeable battery. Plenty of features as far as adjustments go. Pretty good zoom ability. An underwater setting and plenty of other shoot n go setting also. Plus auto for fool proof shots. Think I gave $115.00 of less for it at Target. Nice little camera.

I have, and can recommend the nikon aw120.
A few bells and whistles that I don't use like gps, but a good purchase at amazon pricing of ~$120 for that generation of camera.

The newer iterations of this camera didn't improve much for the price and I was not able to compare picture quality yet of the newest versions to mine.
However the aw120 has a better picture (when viewing at 100%) than my iPhone 7. And I feel more comfortable using this stream side with a floating wrist strap than I do my phone which has a lesser waterproof rating than the aw120.

I recommend the Nikon AW120 or AW130. I own the 120 and love it. Awesome for taking underwater videos and photos too.

I have a canon D20 for about 6 years now. It's been with me everywhere. Bounced off many a rocks, dropped, kicked, and abused and still works like the day I got it! Good picture quality, great underwater, and video.

Thanks for the suggestions. I just ordered the Nikon AW130.

Did you get it yet, and if so how do you like it?

Back