NB of the Potomac

ryansheehan

ryansheehan

I fished the North Branch this weekend, above the latex spill of course. I seem to see more and more wild rainbows and some of them are starting to get big. Of course they are still stocking fish as well but I am encouraged with the natural reproduction. The water was still at low summer time flows despite the rain. Here are a few pictures from the weekend, hope you like them.

20151004_145244-1_zpsmeijxhtk.jpg

20151004_113427_zpsdvkg5hmx.jpg

20151004_094703_zpsayredgif.jpg

20151004_132111_zpsdzcs9atz.jpg

20151004_113345_zpswghdawgn.jpg

20151003_121352_zps1xjzw2bz.jpg

20151003_090201_zpsrrtrze8r.jpg
20151004_111639_zpsvbvf4hfb.jpg

Nice

Great pictures Ryan. Headed down there soon. What were they biting for you and your buddy?
Thanks!

Nice pics! Looks like you've got it figured out there. I can't wait to go back again.

Thanks, they didn't seem to be keyed in on anything specific. We took fish on princes, midges, PRLs, pheasant tails and San Juans. We both switched our patterns throughout the day but we were nymphing the entire time. The didymo has gotten pretty bad at the very top of the upper catch and release area, they need to blow it out with a big release. 724 let me know the next time you plan to come down, I might be able to negotiate with my wife to meet up and do some fishing together.

Nice man! Is there any place you'd recommend camping down there near the stream?

ryansheehan wrote:
Thanks, they didn't seem to be keyed in on anything specific. We took fish on princes, midges, PRLs, pheasant tails and San Juans. We both switched our patterns throughout the day but we were nymphing the entire time. The didymo has gotten pretty bad at the very top of the upper catch and release area, they need to blow it out with a big release. 724 let me know the next time you plan to come down, I might be able to negotiate with my wife to meet up and do some fishing together.

Will do. Probably won't be until March though. I have steelhead fishing, archery season, a salmon trip up to New York and my wedding all in the next few months. My fiancé is not negotiating anymore at this point lol.

Wait until you have little kids, then it's like negotiating with terrorists. There are rough cabins and some campsites in Barnum. If you google it you can find the info. I tried to post a link but I'm still new to the site, I will have to look up how.

Back