Nashannock, Volant - Where to Fish it?

B

Bigfishman

I have a hall pass the day after Thanksgiving and I'm considering a short hop to Volant. By way of Indiana(The State). Anyway I'd like to ask where the best area is to fish this time of year? I miss western PA alot, however Indiana has given me some excitement with fly fishing for small mouth bass. Thanks for any info.

head north 90 miles and go for the steelies..................

My advice may be old but should still work. You can fish right in Volant at the top of the project near the fly shop. You and probably 90 other guys. Or park there and go downstream. I am not sure of the parking situation but there are lots there and Volant is an Antiquing town so Black Friday may find it crowded. For fewer crowds and fewer fish...I would assume. Head down to the covered bridge area. Look at a map for the next crossing on the creek below Volant. I forget the road names. You can or could park at the Bridge or go west from the bridge an park in a field and walk the rail bed into the middle of the project. THis was always my favorite spot.

Maybe someone who actuially lives over there can proofread my response and tell you where I am wrong so you don't waste any time.

Good Luck,

Maurice

Check out the map room and info on my web site:

Neshannock Creek Fly Fisherman

The whole DHALO usually fishes well. The hole behind the fly shop is loaded with fish, but many anglers seem to think this is the only spot on the creek. Walk the old railroad and you'll find some nice secluded spots. BTW, the fall stocking really added some large fish to the creek, particularly big rainbows. Expect to catch a good mix of holdover and fresh stocked fish in the DHALO.

Kevin

Back