Nano Silk tying thread

dc410

dc410

Has anyone else become hooked on Nano silk made by Semperfli? I have found it to be an extremely enjoyable thread to tie with over the past few years. I mainly use it in 12/0 and black, brown and olive have been my main colors but I am broadening my spectrum of colors in stock. It is very low profile and extremely strong. It can also be split easily. It has really become my “go to” thread over the past couple of years. I always cut it with a sharp single edge razor blade as it can be fairly miserable to cut with scissors not to mention that you’ll probably ruin a pair of scissors trying to cut it. It is a very solid product in my opinion and I was wondering what other tyers have experienced if you’ve tried it.

Has anyone else become hooked on Nano silk made by Semperfli? I have found it to be an extremely enjoyable thread to tie with over the past few years. I mainly use it in 12/0 and black, brown and olive have been my main colors but I am broadening my spectrum of colors in stock. It is very low profile and extremely strong. It can also be split easily. It has really become my “go to” thread over the past couple of years. I always cut it with a sharp single edge razor blade as it can be fairly miserable to cut with scissors not to mention that you’ll probably ruin a pair of scissors trying to cut it. It is a very solid product in my opinion and I was wondering what other tyers have experienced if you’ve tried it.
Yes, it is my go-to for GSP style tying thread. I use it for almost everything #18 and smaller. It is not as easy to tie with compared to conventional threads, but the strength and fine diameter more than make up for it when tying small flies. I find that the Nano silk doesn't get tangled on the spool like some other similar products which is also a huge plus (I'm looking at you Veevus GSP)

+1 for the SemperFli Nanosilk. Love the high breaking strength in a small-diameter thread.

Back