name engraving

T

Tiltaxp

I'm looking to buy another reel and it's going to be custom made, but debating on getting my name engraved on it. I don't see myself ever looking to get rid of it as I know that someone would not find it as desirable bit any other thoughts would be good to hear before I order it...

Thanks

Well, if it's custom made and you're looking to hold on to it.. I say go for it. Probably would look nice imo.

I like the idea, if you're planning to passing it to another generation, its a nice touch.

Nautilus?

Lythe?

My name is on my boo rod. At first I thought it was kinda weird. But now I like it. I don't picture myself selling it, as it was originally a gift and holds sentimental value as well as fishing value. When I'm dead and gone, or else my health fails to the point where I can't fish anymore, I expect it'd be handed down within the family.

And I know that having a father's or grandfather's fly rod, gun, etc. is special, and having their name on it would be even more special.

I have a Sage 2 hander with someone elses name on it...so when I pass it on my future generations, they'll be totally confused.

If its a reel you think you'll want to hang on to, I'd go for it.

brianb wrote:
I like Snagger

lol, that was the tibor but that was just a name plate. I'm looking at a John Milner, Labrador - awesome looking reel but I want the clicker in a different location and I may opt for some coloring like the cheeky reels because pinners are gay. But really haven't decided on the color I want, maybe something like a copper look to it.

Attachments

• labrador.JPG
    labrador.JPG
    57.2 KB · Views: 4
I put my name on the rods that I build for myself; as well as names for people I'm building gift rods for.

That's the plus side of going custom.

Back