Myrtle Beach, early July. Fishing inshore?

sipe

sipe

I head to myrtle beach to visit Inlaws every summer, but I'd love to do some fly fishing this year. I'd pay to have a guide but would like some input. Anyone ever fish inshore or in the backwaters/freshwater nearby? I'd prefer to flyfish, but I'd enjoy any fishing that wasn't trolling. (Not interested in sitting on the pier)

anywhere near marches will hold reds and trout. 8 wt to 10 wt rods. there are tarpon around too. will need a boat/yak to get around though. look for yak rentals down there. along beaches blues, reds, trout, drum will there. take black/gold/orange clousers with you.

I found some guides online...yikes! $600 for a full day of Red fishing or tarpon fishing.

When I was down last year there was a kayak place out near Waccamaw that I believe rented Kayaks for the Waccamaw river/creek. My time was too short to do it but if I go this year I would try to hook up with them. Just google kayak rentals myrtle beach. Good Luck.

Sipe,

You may be aware already but there is an Orvis shop at the Market Commons down near the south end of town. They may be able to point you in the right direction as well.

Good Luck and enjoy.

Hmmm, maybe I'll call the orvis shop at Mark Commons before I head down. I was hoping to go with a guide since I don't have a heavy rod.

Hmmm, maybe I'll call the orvis shop at Mark Commons before I head down. I was hoping to go with a guide since I don't have a heavy rod.

Back