My "Tiger Eye" 8ft 5wt.

PACOFRANSICO

PACOFRANSICO

I finailly got my latest fly rod finished up this past week. I was busy with snow and other stuff to get some duragloss on it. But I got it done.

DSC00125.jpg

DSC00129-2.jpg

DSC00130-2.jpg

And my butt rap with garnet and gold metallic thread.
DSC00122.jpg

I also got a 6ft. 4wt. Tiger Eye blank to start on. Here's the cork grip I turned down for it. I post some pics along the way.
DSC00018.jpg

nice work!! I like that cork!

I also love that cork. I gotta get into rod building someday.

Yea that mixed cork grip is goin' on my little 6 ft. 4wt. I toyin with the ideas of inlaying rattlesnake skin on the reelseat, butt wrap and under the first stripping guide. My wife thinks it'll look tacky....I'm just debateing if I can pull it off? But I kinda have to put that on hold for now. I gotta do my dads spinning rod pretty quick. It's gonna be on a lamiglass blank with titianium hardware.

Looks great - I've been debating wrapping up a Tiger's Eye blank.

I think they're one of the best looking blanks you can find. How do they fish?

I have a nice 6ft I made from the top 2 sections of a 9ft 3-pc.

There a really fast blank. My buddy has a 9.5 tip flex orvis and it's just as quick or not quicker than that. The tiger eye blanks have a dual line weighting IE. 4/5 for example. Plan on it being 1 whole line weight higher. So that 4/5 would be a 6weight or a really fast 5 weight. Thats what I was told when I talked to the owner of Sevier Man about them.

I got a awsome deal on some real seats today at the T.U. show in Mars. I found some "PacBay classic up locking" realseats for 10$. Nickle silver with birds eye maple inserts, what a steal. I shoulda bougth the lot of em. Looks like I found a real seat for my little 6ft. 4wt.

Hey ezpickins, Use garnet guidbrod no cp thread if your gonna wrap up a tiger eye. It looks brown inside but once the sun hits it the deep red is killer.

Back