My stony creek trip

mute

mute

http://pafishing.net/videos/stonycreek.wmv

80 views, no comments!?

Rainbow

>80 views, no comments!?>

I'd comment if all I was getting wasn't a text file that appears to be in Chinese. There really isn't a whole lot to say when it's like this...:)

This happens quite frequently to me with wmv files.

How do I get it?

RLeeP, try right clicking it and goto Save Target As. and save it to your computer then play it.

ok a reply. pretty long fight for a small fish! :-D just yankin your chain :lol:

Well from what I could view before windows media player kill the video, it seems you have to get a bit of experience setting up the shot. The angler wasn't in any of the 30 second video, and the fish was turned away from the camera. Try a slighty wider angle shot. The music was annoying, maybe not for some of the younger guys, but for me. Personally I like the sounds of the outdoors rather than the constant droning of music, but I can't stand the music always playing in the back ground of multi-million dollar movies.
The focus was good, the shot was good other than the angler was in it. I'm being constructive here, not mean. :)
There is something about the format used that causes Windows Media player to kill the video.

lol chaz, well, ill admit, the video is crap. But then again, its pretty hard to make a decent video when your doing it all yourself...you dont know how it looks, if your in the shot, so on and o fourth. Alot easier when you have a camera man. Try upgrading to the latest WMP(11)

Mute,
I did finally get to see the video all the way through. BTW which Stony Creek? Don Douple takes video of himself quite often, I've seen him do it, lining up the shot and making sure you are in the frame is actaully fairly easy, if you take the time. I can explain some of it to you if you're interested PM me.
Chaz

Its the stony by the norristown fark park.

As you seen in the video, theres a dam. Where i caught most of the fish was right above the dam there at tha t cement wall. The question i have is how would one fly fish the water at the dam. There are alot of fish under it and some pretty big. I remember when i fished it before with a flyrod i would stand above it next to it and drop my weighted line down next to the water flying over the side, and try to get it to pull the line down under the dam steps. Then id just pull my line up every like 10 seconds to see if there was a fish on. And when i tried to fish it from below the dam(Facing it) and throwing my line towards it with say a nymph, the water would just push the line back towards me too fast for me to even "fish" it. Thats how all the spin fishermen do it anywho, except they dont have fly line..so it works for them. But yea any suggestions in technique or even flies?

Oh yea, also, most of the fish were taken on nymphs drifted at the bottom, but what happened was right when noon approached and the sun came out, it was about 55-60 degrees, quite a few fish started rising, it wasnt a rocket out of the water, nor a little sip. It was kind of in between that. What do you think they were eating? Midges? Are they the nymph like insects that are right below the surface? IM not too great with the science behind it.

to fish the dam one thing i do is use a weighted bugger. then drop the bugger in the downforce of the water coming out of the dam. this should take it straight to the bottom. to tell if you have a stike you need to be a good catfisherman. just the right tension not to lift the fly but to feel any bumps. best advice i can give you. :-?

oh yea .....most likely they were eating midges. either emerging insects or a dun. usually the adults cause violent strikes. emergers are light surface rises. but....if the water gets heavy pressure i have found trout have soft lips. they dont violent strike at drys. i think this is because they have been caught before. either way as long as your catching them, it doesnt matter. :-D

Back