mustad hook identification

C

c_nesbella

i recently received several classic mustad hooks from a friend and am unable to find a proper sizing for them. he told me they are mostly dry hooks but im not sure. i have looked on mustad's website and i am unable to find matching numbers. these hooks are in white boxes with labeling the numbers i would like to identify are 38930 sprout and 94836 viking. i am used to using dai riki hooks so this is a very different way of identification for me. im going to tie some nymphs for him with them so it really doesnt matter but if they are actually dry hooks ill prob use some of them for some dries as well. any help with the identification would be appriciated

google.com is a wonderful thing. you put the word "mustad 94836" into it and biggity bam you get back junk like this site http://killroys.com/chart/hook-charts/fly-hook-comparison-chart-mustad/

good luck with all your future googling efforts!

gfen reading is also a wonderful thing sure the chart is great but it still doesnt list the 38930(which i cant find by typing into google fyi)...gfen maybe you should learn to read and comprehend before you try to be a jerk.

Don't mind him, he just almost died. He receives a good 3 months of free jerkiantry with no repercussions.

38930- turned down eye, 1xshort, 1xfine wet/nymph

94836- Forged straight td tap eye Bronzed 1x short 1xfine dry fly

Sandfly is king of the Mustad hooks!

TUNA wrote:
Sandfly is king of all things Fly Fishing!

Here I fixed it.

thank you for the identification sandfly

Back