murky waters

nealfish

nealfish

murky waters for trout. talking around this time of year on the little lehigh, lehigh or saucon. any advice? me and my buddies want to get out but i dont know how to fish it without spin gear right about now with some flashy spoons.

2 words. Buggers. Streamers.Mostly buggers. This is my favorite time of year for Buggers. White. Black. Olive. Chartreuse.

OK....more than 2 words.

sounds good and easy. maybe this will finally turn my friend into a believer.

I like buggers 'cause they're simple. Really no wrong way to fish them...drift, strip, swing, indicator, no indicator. Shame you cant fish 'em on top like a dry....

Only thing better is Fox's green weenie :-D

if you pile on the marabou tail sometimes they float but they're a pain to cast that way

rooster tails spinners put the fly away and fish spinners it work for me

Wolly Buggers are one of the most popular flies and I have yet to ever fish with one (or any streamer in general). Understand the entire stripping method BUT should I fish it up or down stream.

Stagger_Lee wrote:
Wolly Buggers are one of the most popular flies and I have yet to ever fish with one (or any streamer in general). Understand the entire stripping method BUT should I fish it up or down stream.

cast it upstream and take in slack as it drifts down towards you. then let the current take the slack as it drifts down past you. hold slack and let the fly swing across the current below you and let it hang in the current for a minute. then retrieve the fly by stripping it against the current, repeat...

Big bushy dark buggers.

Phish_On wrote:
Big bushy dark buggers.

I didn't know you had seen Stagger's eyebrows...

:lol: :lol: :lol: :cool:

Volks is gonna start calling me AD (Anthony Davis)

Back