Movn & Groovn Bucktail streamer

djmyers

djmyers

Here is a new streamer pattern I have been playing with. I had some success with it this weekend on Marsh Creek Lake.

Attachments

• Bass-Muskie Streamer.jpg
    Bass-Muskie Streamer.jpg
    887 KB · Views: 13
nice

Nice work weedless too. I never tried that. I d tye 2 and hook em up tandem. I fish tandems all the time now for bass and toothies. I guess is a confidence thing and other reasons too.

That fly and this one are new ideas I have been playing around with. The back half of the fly is actually bead chain. I tie in clumps of material into the gaps of the chain to build the body. I leave a couple links open to allow extra action. The white one with the ostrich had tons of movement and looked really awesome coming through the water. The deer hair one, I like cause it looks like a lot of mass cause the bucktail doesn't colapse together like the ostrich. It sheds water really nicely when casting the first back cast and doesn't need a ton of material to look bigger. It doesn't have as much motion as with the ostrich but I really like it. Hoping the fish do too. Only tested the white one so far. Another nice thing is that bead chain is a lot cheaper than putting on another hook. :)

How big/long are you using for bass when you go tandem? Are you targeting Large or Small mouth bass? These probably aren't as long as you would fish but they are about 6" long.

Attachments

• Bass-Muskie Streamer2.jpg
    Bass-Muskie Streamer2.jpg
    710.5 KB · Views: 3
I fish for pond bass with my smaller tandems I started using for musky there about 8 or 9 inches long on 3/0s. I don tlike a weighted fly either it kills the action of it I think. My musky tandems are close to a foot on 6/0s.

Back