Moving to York County Looking For Some Fly Fishing Friends!

patroell

patroell

Random post but I'm moving to Red Lion area soon from Hershey area so a lot of my fishing has been in mainly Dauphin and Potter County. Basically just looking to get to know the waters in the area a bit more and have someone to fish with from time to time. I've looked into the class A streams in York county and I'm close to most of them. I know absolutely nothing about the wild trout fishing in York county but I'm excited to hopefully find out!

Definitely look into joining the Muddy Creek Chapter of Trout Unlimited. When I lived in York County for 10 years that's the first thing I did and made some friends very quickly! It was a great group of guys and I made some fishing buddies that showed me the local waters. Muddy Creek is obviously the "Home" water but you also have Codorus Creek, the Susquehanna for smallies and other opportunities if you go sniffing around. Good luck! Its not Montana or central PA but it has some decent fishing.

Red Lion is not a bad home base. Muddy Creek Trout Unlimited is a good idea. Im told that Hopewell Fish and Game has free fly tying classes that are open to the public and they have a co-op hatchery so they might be able to put you on to some access points where signage is lacking as well as a place to meet local fishermen.
I wish you luck in your journey of exploring Southern York Co. Maybe by next year you will be able to distinguish between Brogue and Brogueville, Cross Roads and Cross Mill.😁

Hey Pat, I met you and your friend once while fishing a brookie trickle. Stay in touch and I’ll show you around the York county area. There are some fantastic areas for wild browns in the Susquehanna drainage.

Back