Mount Pocono area

J

jerseybob

This area will be my new home base in Pa. Aside from a list I've put together of native streams I plan to explore, what approved trout streams in this area fish best in the fall? Thanks.

Congratulations on your new home. The Poconos are nice if you can handle the hoards of New Yorkers and Jersey people. It's like a state of emergency up there. Oh, I'm sorry, I see you're from New Jersey. Ah, er, um, welcome! (just kidding about the Jersey stuff).

Anyway, for fall fishing try the Lackawaxen River anywhere from Hawley downstream to Rowland. I have fished it several times in the fall and caught rising trout (stockers). It's big water with plenty of room to cast. Also try Wallenpaupack Creek in the vicinity of Newfoundland. It's a smaller stream, but in the fall the big browns come up out of the lake to spawn.

October is prime time in the Poconos.

Good luck.

Warning! The Lackawaxen is subject to rapid rises in flow levels, take caution on this stream. I don't know if they occur during the fall, but if you want to fish it, call PPL and ask if there are going to be any releases.

Thanks for the info.

Truth be know there is a lot of water that IS on Public Land near Mt. Pocono. If you'd like to PM me I'll give you a few names because I now have a policy of not naming streams on the message board for all to see. Some people here are very protective of there secrets.

Back