Montana

csoult

csoult

Well, just got back from an epic, and I do mean epic, trip to Montana. 10 of us from paflyfish headed out west to hang with a couple of Montana residents. One of whom is a former paflyfish guy. Some haven't been on the site for a while but we all still feel like this is the place that made it happen.

All I can say is that you would think that when you get 12 guys together you're bound to have issues..... Well we didn't. It was one of the most fantastic trips of our lives, and we all have paflyfish to thank for it. We never would have met without this site, and we are now linked forever because of it.

You can listen to the recap on the podcast. Montana fly fishing at it's best big fish on dries and lots of them!!!

You can listen on iTunes, Stitcher, our website, or just tell Alexa that you want to listen to the latest episode of the open air project on Tunein radio.

If you haven't been out there you need to do it before it's too late!!!!!

Back row is (l—>r): JayL, Andrew, csoult.
Mid row: DaveS, Steve, Bruno, David
Front row: albatross, Turkey, Brian, don

Attachments

• IMG_8783.JPG
    IMG_8783.JPG
    140.2 KB · Views: 7
Sounds like an awesome trip, Coty. Can’t wait to listen to your podcast on the trip.

Wow, amazing!

That picture just screams camaraderie. Sounds fun.

How great!!

Awesome!

Looking forward to the details.

The years have really raced by and it's nice to see how many of us have stuck together as friends and fishing buds for so long.

My son moved to Belgrade Montana right out of high school. He lived close to the Bozeman airport. It's a trip every Trout fisherman should take if possible. When you get to see huge Brown Trout rising for PMD's in a small spring creek, well it's a little heaven on earth.

That had to be a great trip with that crew. GG

I listened to your podcast. Good stuff.

I recognize a few of the names from being on here for so many years, but I know I have never ran into any of you Western PA folks. Can you tell me who's who in the pic? I think I recognize JayL, but that is all.

It was a great trip. One of the best I have ever been on. I can’t say enough about how much I appreciate the friendship that exists among this group. Getting to fish with JayL was a treat as it has been a few years. Every one of these guys brings something to the dynamic that is special. I have been fortunate enough to have fished the west multiple times and this was hands down some of the best fishing I have ever experienced. Also some of the most terrifying driving experiences to go with it. There were big fish caught, guitars played, good drink, good food, good friends and a police chase.

Attachments

• montana.JPG
    montana.JPG
    53.3 KB · Views: 8
  • porch.JPG
    porch.JPG
    115 KB · Views: 8
Jay owes this former montana type a big thank you-for several years I bugged him constantly to shut and go-finally he did,then forgot us-oh,well- lol -glad he is happy out there.

Could not be happier for Turkey to land that big honkin Brown.
Truely was a epic adventure. So many high points, food was outstanding as was the live entertainment. Bourbon is best when shared with friends after a good day of fishing, or in this case, catching.

Thanks guys for all the memories.

And Thanks to Dave K and PAFF for bring us all together too.

There's a great podcast on this trip - worth listening to.

Link

Scroll down to post 22 by Alby to hit the podcast.

Quote: “Can you tell me who's who in the pic? I think I recognize JayL, but that is all.”

Back row is (l—>r): JayL, Andrew, csoult.
Mid row: DaveS, Steve, Bruno, David
Front row: albatross, Turkey, Brian, don

Great group of guys. Great fishing. Great scenery. Salmon flies are big bugs!

Back