Montana Trip 2016 Video

F

FlyGuy29

Memorial day weekend I was fortunate enough to fly out to Glacier National Park with my long time best friend. We were going out to meet a buddy at school who was in Kalispell to help him drive back to PA for the summer. Naturally, we turned the trip into a week long fishing vacation. We stopped at Glacier National Park to fish Lake Mcdonald and Avalanche Lake, mainly because most of the road through the park was still closed due to snow. We also fished Rock Creek during the salmon fly hatch, and finally finished off at the famous Bighorn River.

Out of all the places we stopped, the fishing at the Bighorn was most productive as we landed many very nice fish, but Glacier National Park was second to none when it came to scenery. The video was nice to capture the scenery, but it truly did no justice. My friend put the video together on the long drive home after detours through Mt. Rushmore and the Badlands. We had an incredible time and made memories that will last forever. Enjoy the video, and try to play it in HD for the better quality!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MXzlAWWwUwk

Very nice. Thanks for sharing!

Awesome video!

Thanks for posting!

Nice video, thanks for sharing.

Rock Creek looked like it was flowing. I'll be near that area in a couple of weeks.

Out of curiosity, which route did you travel from Glacier to the Missoula area?

No qualms with anybody eating a salmonfly, but give the bug a little respect and wash it down with a beer.

dragfreedrift wrote:
Nice video, thanks for sharing.

Rock Creek looked like it was flowing. I'll be near that area in a couple of weeks.

Out of curiosity, which route did you travel from Glacier to the Missoula area?

No qualms with anybody eating a salmonfly, but give the bug a little respect and wash it down with a beer.

Now THAT'S what I call a shore lunch!

Great vid! Thank you for posting. It made my morning.

Looks like it was fun.....thanks for posting!

Looks like you had a blast.

Sweet! I love the bighorn such a great river

I believe we took 93 down along the Flathead Lake. Wasn't a bad drive from Kalispell, only 2.5 hours.

Rock Creek was flowing pretty good, it was about a week or 2 from decent flows. We still managed to catch some fish on salmonflies, just had to be careful wading it.

Nice trip! Looks like 3 mile access.

Thanks for giving me something to do at work today! Very nice.

Great video. Thanks for sharing. I love it out west. It makes me want to go back again.

Well done video. Enjoyed.

Back