Monocacy Creek Cleanup, Monocacy TU, 4/23, Illicks Mill park

gfen

gfen

Saturday, 8:30am, we will meet in the Monocacy Park parking lot off Illick's Mill Road in Bethlehem for a clean up along Monocacy Creek.

The clean up begins at 9am, and we encourage you to bring gloves and boots, or better yet hip boots and waders. The Monocacy Chapter of TU will provide coffee and doughnuts.

As with all of our events, this is an open attendance to the public. We, of course, welcome any and all volunteers to come down and assist with us cleaning up the trash through the park and along the stream.

View Larger Map

The exact same information in blog form!

Gfen,

The Monocacy TU website link you provided has the time, but no date? It was posted on April 5 and then states Saturday. Do you know which Saturday?

Dave

Man, whomever set that calendar up for them...!

As per title, 4/23. I miss that stuff all the time, too.

So, that's this Saturday. Be there or do something better with your time, eh? But, there should be prison labour available, so that might liven things up!

Oh, and me. Who doesn't want to meet me, and watch me recoil in horror at someone else's filth.

Assuming its not blown out, any newbie who shows up and picks up trash so I don't have to can have quality time with me barking orders at you in an attempt to "teach" you some fishin' stuff.

Also, coffee and doughnuts.

Saturday,4/23, at 8:30am, we will meet in the Monocacy Park parking lot off Illick's Mill Road in Bethlehem for a clean up along Monocacy Creek.

The clean up begins at 9am, and we encourage you to bring gloves and boots, or better yet hip boots and waders. The Monocacy Chapter of TU will provide coffee and doughnuts.

As with all of our events, this is an open attendance to the public. We, of course, welcome any and all volunteers to come down and assist with us cleaning up the trash through the park and along the stream.

(I hear effective advertising is drilling it into peoples' heads)

Saturday,4/23, at 8:30am, we will meet in the Monocacy Park parking lot off Illick's Mill Road in Bethlehem for a clean up along Monocacy Creek.

I blame the guy who made their website, but not the maintainer. They're very laissez faire. Or dead. I haven't been able to figure it out, honestly.

Seriously, though. I'm curious if anyone shows up. TU, its not just coffee and doughnuts people.

wow so gracious of the TU to spruce up the park for the mongral (sp) trout derby next month. Just saw this now or I'd a been there. Ya freshened up the brick spit houses too I hope.

trash.jpg

Mongrel.

Actually, the city pays people to pick up the park, but the rest of the stream not so much. I think we did a good job, the guys who've done it before said itwasn't too bad this year.

We got dumped on hard for the first hour or so, then it cleared up and it turned into a really nice day to fish. So I went shopping instead.

I'm contrary like that.

We got a pretty good burst of community service people, easily one for every member who showed up. They all worked at it, too.

Back