Monaghan Fishing Show

B

bobsbaits

20TH Annual Fishing Show and Flea Market: January 26 & 27, 2013 Monaghan Fire Co. 245 West Siddonsburg Rd, Dillsburg. New, Used and Antique fishing and related merchandise. Seminars, Fly Tying demos, Trout Pond, and more. Contact Bob Stahl at (717)796-9533 OR (717)991-1015. All proceeds benefit the Fire Co.

Some folks from here went last year. How was this? If I'm looking for old fiberglass or cane rods, and old click pawl fly reels, is this worth the trip?

Its pretty much a spin fishing affair....we had a TU chapter booth there for a couple years. Then last year we got edged out at the last minute. So it must be kinda popular or becoming so. You might find a diamond in the rough.

I ts just a bunch of tables jammed in a firehall. I picked up a half dozen rebel crayfish for a buck a piece and some wool socks for a couple bucks but thats all that interested me a few years ago.

Not sure I would travel 60 miles for it though.

Thye do have a trout pond for the kiddies, so there is that.

I've went the past few years, mainly to see Tony Dranzo and his presentations on Steelhead and Shad. He's likely the only fly fisherman only booth. He's good people, but I digress....as far as vintage fly equipment there is some. There was some bamboo and older reels. Unfortunately, I wasn't really in the market so I didn't pay much attention other than scanning. Sort of hike for you, but you could always plan it around fishing somewhere in the CV.

Its about an hour from me. Well worth it if I can pick up a couple of tin cans and some glass! If you guys don't think there's a good chance I'll find something though, I'll stay home.

It reminds me a flea market, hard to tell what will be there from year to year unfortunately.

Back