moderators/web master please help

C

Canoetripper

I am not complaining about anything and think that this is an easy request to help a fly shop that I will frequent get more business.

The fly shop is the Evening Hatch in White Haven, PA. It is one of the fly shops listed on paflyfish.com in the Site Content "Fly Fishing Shops." I am fortunate that I have another fly shop even closer in Blakeslee also on this website.

I spent my weekend fishing in the Poconos and stopped in this fly shop. I bought some flies and new fly line. I told the guys working there that I tried to call them but kept getting a private residence.

I'm the new guy at a Rod & Gun Club and have to drive right past the store so I ought to be a reliable customer since I don't tie my own flies.

I told them that I am a member of paflyfish.com and tried to call them with the phone number on the paflyfish website.

They didn't even know that they were one of fly shops on the website.

The reason I couldn't call them is because their area code on here is 717. Their area code is now 570.

I told the people working at the fly shop that the paflyfish website has a lot of good guys and some are regular Lehigh River anglers, and that there are probably plenty of other people lurking who are curious about the Lehigh River and want to fish it.

I haven't fished this place since 2004. I had my orientation last weekend which was more of a refresher course since I have been fishing here off and on since the LBJ presidency in the mid-60's. I caught every trout subsurface on woolybuggers. I did see maybe a total of 6/7 trout rise for insects, and a lot of insects hatching but it is not quite dry fly season in the Poconos. Hopefully, that happens this upcoming weekend when I hit the road on Friday.

Please change the phone number. I really want this fly shop to succeed. It will really help their business and also the members on the board who want to fish the Lehigh River knowing that there is a fly shop a few miles east of White Haven, PA.

Thanks,

CT

Done. Thanks for the heads-up.

I'm glad you mentioned this as I need to add a new shop to the list as well.
DW

Thank you Dave_W,

I think we all want the small independent fly shops to succeed. I do especially in my case since I will probably spend the rest of my life fishing at this R&G club in the Poconos.

Thanks again

I have no alligence to this shop but it’s helpful if you need something while in Bedford.

Cove Creek Outfitters

There used to be a fly shop just north lf Lancaster, PA. I only lived a few miles away from the store. They no longer exist because nobody wanted to buy the store. Lancaster is in southern Pennsylvania which is hardly the fly fishing destination that some place like Carlisle or State College is.

I liked everyone at that store, and they always were very helpful with what I most likely needed before I hit the road for my next fly fishing destination.

I want to save money like every one else when I buy something. I like the fact that I have two small fly shops on my way to where I am going to fish for the rest of my life. I will be 60 in July. I don't care if I have to spend a little bit more on fly line, leaders, tippet, or flies.

I want to know that there is someone there with their fingers on the pulse of what is happening who is better at identifying insect hatches and sizes.

I love to fly fish but know as Clint Eastwood once famously said in one of his movies: "A man has to know his limitations." I think that I am better than beginner, but certainly not advanced.

I really want to get better and know that I have the opportunity now with this R&G club to practice and get better. I have never caught a trout at the Letort or Big Fishing Creek, but I want to.

I noitced the evening hatch when I was up in the Poconos for a wine show at Split Rock Resort last year. I'll be up there for the same wine show this year and hopefully I can find the time to stop in and check it out. Or, better yet, hopefully I can find the time to fish a stream up there or tackle a pickerel pond. I've never really fished the Poconos.

Would the 570 not hold true to the other fly shops listed as 717 in the North East zone?

Bruno wrote:
+ 1 on this place.

acristickid wrote:
I have no alligence to this shop but it’s helpful if you need something while in Bedford.

Cove Creek Outfitters

Looks like a nice place, but not first and foremost a fly shop(?).

I'm certainly open to adding this business, but there are a lot of general outdoor stores.

jifigz wrote:
I noitced the evening hatch when I was up in the Poconos for a wine show at Split Rock Resort last year. I'll be up there for the same wine show this year and hopefully I can find the time to stop in and check it out. Or, better yet, hopefully I can find the time to fish a stream up there or tackle a pickerel pond. I've never really fished the Poconos.

Evening Hatch is a great shop in the area. Also A&A outfitters is another shop close-by at Blakeslee Corners (Rts 940/115). Either shop can direct you to good fishing whatever time of year you visit.

Dave,
It is fair to say Cove Creek Outfitters is not first and foremost a flyshop. Like the Orvis shop on Michigan Avenue in Chicago, they likely make most of their money selling apparel and footwear. They do however have a full flyshop on the premises.

albatross wrote:
Dave,
It is fair to say Cove Creek Outfitters is not first and foremost a flyshop. Like the Orvis shop on Michigan Avenue in Chicago, they likely make most of their money selling apparel and footwear. They do however have a full flyshop on the premises.

Okay, I added them to our fly shop list.
DW

Back