Mission Accomplished

Fredrick

Fredrick

Well after about a thousand casts and developing my own flies to fish threw the weeds I finally knocked snakeheads off my bucket list . And please keep the stupid did you kill it comments to yourself . Fish taped out around 26".
https://www.reddit.com/r/Fishing/comments/4wc886/dont_buy_into_the_overblown_snakehead_hype_until/

Attachments

• first snakehead .jpg
    first snakehead .jpg
    107.1 KB · Views: 9
Dang thing actually does look like a snake!

what the crap!?

I can't believe you actually did it!

Stocked

The_Sasquatch wrote:
what the crap!?

I can't believe you actually did it!

Yeah I had allot of nah sayers

How was the fight? I here that they are mighty strong.

krayfish2 wrote:
How was the fight? I here that they are mighty strong.

they are but to many weeds for it to run . It actually jumped out of my kayak before I could get more pics . They breathe air so holding them out of the water doesn't tire them at all .

Let's see a better pick of that fly. Is it a popper of some sort?

Very cool, congrats!

Wow! Very nice and I give you extra credit for bringing it into the kayak!

cool. as I reported a few weeks back there was one hanging around the dam on the brandywine.

the DE DFW did ask me to kill any, so I guess opinion is split.

I did see it come up for air several times. I thought it was sipping midges but I saw a bubble or two and realized it was an air breather.

cool catch. the Aussies say they are a steaky good tasting fish.

geebee wrote:
cool. as I reported a few weeks back there was one hanging around the dam on the brandywine.

I did see it come up for air several times. I thought it was sipping midges but I saw a bubble or two and realized it was an air breather.

Yeah its only a matter for time for Brandywine . If the word got out that they were in the Brandywine I imagine that the float trip business's would take a big loss in revenue .

Did you eat it or throw it on the bank?

Awesome, Fredrick!! I've targeted them a couple times here in the DC area, have been flat out skunked so far. Bow fishermen have put a huge dent in the population.

Fredrick wrote:
geebee wrote:

Yeah its only a matter for time for Brandywine . If the word got out that they were in the Brandywine I imagine that the float trip business's would take a big loss in revenue .

lol. :lol:

sarce wrote:
Bow fishermen have put a huge dent in the population.

Good job bow fisherman! I hope I never have to look at one of those nasty creatures. Plain old ugly and invasive.

Troy wrote:
sarce wrote:

Good job bow fisherman! I hope I never have to look at one of those nasty creatures. Plain old ugly and invasive.

Well get ready Troy because they are making their way up the schuykill. And I would imagine they would love the lower Tully :lol:

Fredrick wrote:
Troy wrote:
sarce wrote:

Well get ready Troy because they are making their way up the schuykill. And I would imagine they would love the lower Tully :lol:

Maybe they will eat the herons.

They definitely take out some the waterfowl and carp .

Back