Middle branch clay creek

mute

mute

Is this anyones home water? I have yet to fish this stream as im never heading that direction. However It seems like it may be some nice water. Im particulary interested in the DHALO section and I have never fished a keystone select labeled stream. Wondering if it does produce a bigger stockie experience then most DHALOs in SEPA?

That’s basically my home waters and i have to say gets a lot of pressure so the fish have seen a lot. My son and I fished the lower section above confluence to the falls about a month ago. It has changed so much over the past few years and it was a tough day. Partly due to weather and temp. I was surprised how low the water was considering all the rain we have received in March and it seems water level gets worse every year. The fish, however, were in the usual holes. The rain this past week may have thinned them out some. We tend to only fish that section very early spring and then maybe fall.

I like White Clay but pretty much never fish the special regs area. Partly because I remember how much better it was 30 years ago, and mostly because it gets pounded. Once the truck chasers ease up I like the Middle Branch and the East Br. Don't usually see heavy hatches but some pleasant water if you don't mind walking. People love to swim their dogs there, especially in the deeper holes.

I fished it last weekend and it really does get a lot of pressure. Especially nowadays where everyone is trying to get out of the house to break the cabin fever. On a nice day, it is hard to find parking along the DHALO branch.

Unless it’s the bigger fish in the DH Area that are keeping you from going elsewhere in the drainage, I would recommend hitting the many miles of stocked water in the Middle Branch, East Branch, and main stem White Clay when the DH is too crowded for you. There are some pretty stretches.

What Mike said; I haven't fished the special regs in years but I like White Clay in general. There are some nice stretches if you don't mind walking a bit. People do love to swim there dogs in the deeper holes though.

Back