Micro Rod!

mute

mute

Anyone own a J forbes micro rod? Wish i had one, rather pricey though. How its fully functional is pretty amazing though. Seeing the reel is the size of a quarter. Can you imagine how long it took to get that carp in?

micex.gif

carpmicro.gif

I had a Hardy reel that size.Had to cut even a size 2wt dt in half and use backing.
Stupidly,and it was,I sold it for a few dollars in one of my more dense periods.It was Hardys top of the line,agate line ring.It was an excellent reel ,just not right for 8wts.One thing I have learned from spinning.Micro rods are far,far less demanding than the larger ones.So Bass pro shops $40 ones cast as well as more expensive ones.If you are thinking micro-shop around.well,okay the Hardy was more like a Silver Dollar.

Mute,

I'll bet he didn't play that carp on the reel!

I have a Dennison Ultra-light on my 2 weight rod. Link

Like Pete said, more the size of a silver dollar than a quarter.

Nice, yea i have the J Austin Forbes reel on my 2wt, 1.8 ounces its pretty slick.

Mute, I love short rods and the smallest I’ve fished is a Hardy 4’ Banty (copy). I plan to make myself one. However, even I like a little more length 4’4”, 4’6” and 4’10” are 3 of my favorites both in the Hex and Quad versions. A rod less than 3’ might be even a little short for me. I don’t know how short the grip is, I like a short grip, and however 5” is the smallest I like. Depending on how much you fish short rods that would depend on the money I would shell out for that (plus I would have to cast the rod first before purchasing). You could save yourself some money and buy a cheap project rod (bamboo) and make a banty out of it. You might be able to do the project for 50.00 dollars or so.

Joe E

Back