Medalist reels

I

IdratherbePhishing

Picked up a medalist reel dirt cheap at a yard sale last week. It is a 1494 ak. Wondering if that particular model was worth anything. And what is the right line to use with them?

sorry, you sent me a message and i blew you off because i was ignoring people.

the ak is the chinese version, that is the current manufacture. i don't care what popular opinion is, outisde of a few plastic bits, they're pretty much the same thing.

your 1494'll be **** for a 4 through 6 weight.

you never contacted me during your training camp.

bf3 is still bettar than socom.

bf3 is still bettar than socom.

BF3 is better then the "new" Socom but OLD SCOOL Socom rocked! Just sayin :-D

There's a man who knows what he's talking about Gary! Even the newest socom is better than bf3.

Yes I never made it to training camp. So that didn't work out.
Whatever happened with the big party?

Anyways I got the medalist and n eagle claw rod dirt cheap like the rod. It's a little stiff for fiberglass. Maybe cuz it's an older one. Looking into their 6'6 rod just to beat around.

So what the china medalist worth like ten fifteen bux?

I have a medalist. I stuck it on my one broken rod. I don't use it, so that's where it has been rotated. I didn't care for the loud clicker and the fact that I can't palm the spool when those big chubs try to spool me.

Perhaps I should customize it for thumb drag like Gfen and be kewl.

Also the one small reversable clicker broke in half which is probably good because it is probably quiet enough for use without hearing protection.

Anyway I just like the way it looks, I might use it as a paper weight or hang it on a wall with a retire rod as a conversation piece.

Or I might eventually use it,

I have 4 or 5 of them, I think they do what they need to do, hold the line. Plus they look just fine.

Back