Meaningfull rainfall

V

Van_Cleaver

Much as I would like a white Christmas, we are getting a really nice soaking rain in the Southeast; the first in a long time. My local stream was at less than half median flow despite run off from three small snow falls. Hopefully we will get some snow build up this year as well.

Yes we can use a good soaking, most of the state is showing below Normal levels

Half an inch in my backyard rain gage here in Adams County and it came down pretty slowly.

Nice to see most of the red and orange dots blown off the map from west to east today. Still some hot color in the northeast counties but much of this should be green and blue tomorrow. Could use some more precip but today was nice.

It was my wife's birthday, or I'd have been out chunking streamers. Gauges came back down very quickly!

Did not make a dent around here. Might have received half an inch Friday into Saturday afternoon. Given the warm temps, I figured I better go out anyway. But streams were still low and clear. Except for about fifteen minutes when one hole I was fishing picked up a little color.... It provided a bit of cover for me, but I did not manage to catch my quarry (a really nice 16” it so brown that I rolled three times), although I did finally break the skunk with a much smaller fish. When I started back to the car in the dark, it started raining again and rained all the way home. Despite sometimes good flows statewide, we locally have been in a bit of a rain shadow for the past few years and the streams fish like shells of themselves.

Back