Mayflys after flooding.

Bobbop89

Bobbop89

dateposted-public

This guy flew into my backyard that's maybe 200 yards from a stream that's about 5 feet above normal at the moment. I previously believed this stream to only be fish sustaining a few miles down near where it is designated as class A. I don't typically fish the section that's class A although I do fish a mile or so above the upper limits of it. I can't imagine this mayfly flew 4 or 5 miles to reach me so I'm hopeful that after the water lowers a bit I can go explore the Stream and maybe find a new haunt. Also id would be great thanks.

After sitting with my own thoughts I realized that I was mistaken about the stream in which I thought his came from. It is not the same one that has class a Waters it is actually a tributary to that stream which I confirmed on Google maps. So hopefully I can get over to it and do some research. If I find any other insects there I will definitely pull the rod out and give it a shot. With my neighbors permission of course.

That's a good point. From the little bits I can see it's not featureless like I can see some good lies and habitat and the flow seems to always be decent. It's worth a shot I guess.

Back