Maxcatch reels

J

jt7

I'm looking to get new reel. have been looking at the Tail, Toro and Tino reels. Anyone here used any of these? How did you like them and what are the differences in them?
I'm looking for 3/4 wt, to put on my redington classic trout 3 wt or a TFO signature 2 4 wt.
Thanks for any info

Some experience with the Toro. Generally love the reel but have found the anti-reverse bearing to wear out quickly.

I've found the Avid Pro model to be an upgrade from the Toro.

Reactions: jt7
I have the tino. It holds the line on my 7.5’ 3WT. After purchasing a Lamson liquid for my 5WT and a redington tilt for my euro combo I can say that comparable the drag is absolute garbage on the max catch reel. Until I replace my cheap 3WT combo I will continue to use it on tiny brookie streams.

I have the Avid Max as well. I am overall pretty pleased with it. The drag is the biggest flaw. I guess you get what you pay for.

I have a Tail on a small 6' 2wt glass rod. I have no issues at all with it but then again that reel just holds line. I have a couple of the Avid reels and like them. They are not bad reels for the price. If you are on a budget they are hard to beat!

Back