Matching Major Eastern Hatches

P

pugdom

Anybody tie flies from this book and use them. I have tied a few up and they look good. I never used medallioin sheeting before but the emergers look "right" to me. I was already a fan of spinners using the frosty fish fibers.

I'm starting to tie some up. I intend to try the sunken trico spinner next year. I like the DNA fibers for spinner wings on the vise but need to see how they look in the water.

they look really nice but i have found the more general pattens work just as well . though this may be due to my poor tying skills and even worse fishing unskills.the nymphs look amazing though

Love that book. For me it is second only to Lloyd Gonzales Fly Fishing for Pressured Trout. I haven't tried any of the patterns yet, but would be interested in finding our how the DNA Spinner works. Has anybody had a good experience with this yet? At least compared to more tradition poly wing type spinners?

they look nice gotta keep the wings rather thin though otherwise they clum aka are a pain. i take the strands and wait to the end and cut them with a pair of curved sicissors cause the stuff is to fine if you drop it on the floor to pickup and use again

I've tied up some 20 and 22 spinners so far and what I did was use 1 strand and cut in half 3 times, that came to 8 strands. Looks like it will be alright but only water will tell for sure. I may only use 1 strand down to a 16. Not sure yet.

Back