Maryland fall trout with the new 3wt

CenMD4458

CenMD4458

Recently bought a 3wt to use on the small streams here in Maryland. I got the chance to take it out this week and had a great time.

View post on imgur.com

The complete setup is a Redington CT 7'6'' 3wt, Lamson Guru 1.5, and Scientific Anglers Mastery DT 3wt line.

I started the week in Baltimore County, at Gunpowder.

View post on imgur.com

And worked my way west through the central part of the state.

View post on imgur.com

Stopped at a stocked stream along the way and had some fun.

View post on imgur.com

For the most part, I tried to look for streams that were new to me and I was rewarded.

View post on imgur.com

View post on imgur.com

View post on imgur.com

One last stop on the way home was well worth it.

View post on imgur.com

Saw your pictures on Reddit. Nice fish man.

some beauts there. i am 0 for 3 on the BGFR but its a nice creek.

Gorgeous

All beautiful fish, that rainbow pic is probably my fav of the lot

pmelle wrote:
All beautiful fish, that rainbow pic is probably my fav of the lot

Thanks Pmelle, that picture of the rainbow is a favorite of mine too. I was surprised to see it turned out that well. The best looking stockie I have caught so far.

I fish the same rod with a ATS reel. Very fun small stream rod, can handle bigger fish than you'd expect and is very sensitive with a good backbone. Nice pics!

What is meant my "central part of the state" in Maryland? Thanks

BrooksAndHooks wrote:
I fish the same rod with a ATS reel. Very fun small stream rod, can handle bigger fish than you'd expect and is very sensitive with a good backbone. Nice pics!

I am very happy with the CT, it has been great so far. I'm really surprised by it's versatility for a 7'6'' 3wt. It's my first fairly decent rod so I don't have much to compare it to, but I am really pleased.

I looked at those ATS reels after seeing some pics of your CT a little while back. Almost went with one but I was able to get the lamson for $105. Probably not necessary for a small stream rod but its really nice.

MD_Gene wrote:
What is meant my "central part of the state" in Maryland? Thanks

Gene,

These are from streams in Baltimore, Carroll and Frederick county.

Back