Maryland DNR to restore brook trout population

silverfox

silverfox

I'm with MD DNR on this. I know this has been controversial and there are some people who have predicted failure without even trying, but if there's a chance it could work it's worth doing in my opinion. Once again, kudos to MD DNR for their continued focus on native brook trout.

I'm with MD DNR on this. I know this has been controversial and there are some people who have predicted failure without even trying, but if there's a chance it could work it's worth doing in my opinion. Once again, kudos to MD DNR for their continued focus on native brook trout.
I am assuming they are doing wetland creation/flood plain connection based on dominant limiting impairment and price tag. If its karst geology that upstream project could have great thermal effects too. Awesome to see a project from maryland DNR thats not just rocks and logs that will be eroded around or covered under silt in 30 years. Kudos to them for picking restoration over defeatism. Assuming low biomass if native brook trout did not trigger an instinctive bombs away in that state?

I am assuming they are doing wetland creation/flood plain connection based on dominant limiting impairment and price tag. If its karst geology that upstream project could have great thermal effects too. Awesome to see a project from maryland DNR thats not just rocks and logs that will be eroded around or covered under silt in 30 years. Kudos to them for picking restoration over defeatism. Assuming low biomass if native brook trout did not trigger an instinctive bombs away in that state?

View attachment 1641225797View attachment 1641225797

Back