Map app that allows addition of notes?

NetWork

NetWork

I am interested in an app that provides both a map and a way to add notes associated with specific locations. One use would be to identify specific locations in a stream, say a pool or a riffle, drop a pin to locate it and add notes about the location. Google maps can do this to some extent, but I wondered if there was something more utile for fishing? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks.

I use gaia gps and alltrails, I'd say I like gaia gps a bit better.

Most hunting apps may be functional in this manner. Spartan Forge let's you have a journal by location. Onx allows notes

I think Trout Routes may have a feature like this

I use gaia gps and alltrails, I'd say I like gaia gps a bit better.
Exactly this except although I will have my route on both (using a common gpx file) I'll default to Alltrails for on-stream navigation and jump onto gaia as needed for any specific topo detail. I will have my route loaded into both but I find Alltrails interface a little cleaner and easier to use on the stream w one hand.

Gaia is much better in way of selectable map layers including a bunch of historical topo layers preloaded that are nice to have with you.

The secret list will be my children's inheritance. They will cry.
Leave a note with your executor with my email address that tells your kids I'll give them each 50 bucks for exclusive rights to the list.

I haven’t used it much but when I was in Colorado last summer I used “trout routes”. You can add your own markers and notes

I haven’t used it much but when I was in Colorado last summer I used “trout routes”. You can add your own markers and notes
One thing I really like about alltrails and gaia is you can make your profile private and control who can see your past activities. I don't have any direct exp with trout routes but it always felt a little more open. Can you keep your activities private?

Back