Man found dead in Monroe County creek

A childhood friend/fishing buddy of mine was found dead in a creek in Lehigh county just last summer.
A local lady doing some errands saw him fishing along a creek (don't know the creek), and on her return trip saw him laying face down in the creek and called authorities. He apparently had a heart issue.

When I talked to his Dad a while after, I told him at least Walt died doing what he loved to do the most. We had spent so much time fishing together as kids. He was only 62. I miss him. You just never know when it's your time.

Does not say if dude was fishing, only that dude that found him was fishing, right? Things can get shady in the 'burg.

Nightstalker found a body a number of years back on the Conoduguinet behind Walmart. Ya just never know.

The article said the guy found in Pocono Creek had a North Carolina address, but was originally from Stroudsburg.

Bucky found a suitcase on West Valley Creek decades ago. It was full of body parts from a young woman.

Unfortunately, working and fishing where I often did I kind of expected that it would eventually happen…and it did.

Last edited:
The article says he was found by a fisherman. Hope it wasn't anyone on here. That would kinda ruin your day.

While fishing the Weber River in Utah I too found a deceased man... from what I gathered from the State Highway Patrol was this individual (a combat veteran) was suffering from PTSD the night before and may have purposely rammed the guardrail while doing approximately 85mph and flipped over the bridge.

Back