Magical milliseconds...upstream indicator nymphing

BruceC2C

BruceC2C

Any GravelBar, will do just fine. 365. Fresh&Salt
No matter how many fish I catch while indicator nymphing upstream...EVERY time is uniquely magical.

For those who indicator nymph upstream regularly , you well know the majority of takes range from modest, to subtle to SUPER subtle.

What always amazes me is the " magical milliseconds" between when your eyes view what you believe is a take , you then set the hook, and the blink of an eye when u see and feel that u do indeed have a connection.

Pretty impossible to accurately describe the combo of instincts and sensory feedback and physical mechanics that take place...
.....all...in the blink of an eye.
I am truly amazed every time.
It never gets old.

All thoughts welcome here, please

No matter how many fish I catch while indicator nymphing upstream...EVERY time is uniquely magical.

For those who indicator nymph upstream regularly , you well know the majority of takes range from modest, to subtle to SUPER subtle.

What always amazes me is the " magical milliseconds" between when your eyes view what you believe is a take , you then set the hook, and the blink of an eye when u see and feel that u do indeed have a connection.

Pretty impossible to accurately describe the combo of instincts and sensory feedback and physical mechanics that take place...
.....all...in the blink of an eye.
I am truly amazed every time.
It never gets old.

All thoughts welcome here, please
Now you're ready to fish wet flies upstream -- without the indicator.

Back