Lycoming/Sullivan

ROVERT

ROVERT

Just wondering how much rain is falling up there this week. Will the Sock be fishable this weekend?

I'd appreciate any input.

Thanks,

Trevor

I don't think we got the rain that was predicted, I drove over the loyalsock and muncy last night. Both had a little color and were starting to com up a bit, but we're sill fishable. The usgs readings and predictions for all the streams aren't showing anything crazy so I would definitely say the tribs will fish good, and the sock in the upper end should atleast be ok to fish streamers. Will no more by tonight when it crests

Surprisingly, with all the rain we did get, the creeks have been lower than I thought. I expected flash flooding near me (East Lycoming/Sullivan).

I suspect that most of the rain was accepted into the water table, and will keep the creeks and streams higher than average for the next three to four days.

I agree but I think they are still fishable for the most part as long as people are cautious wading or don't wade when possible for the next few days.

drove past muncy, loyalsock, lycoming and pine creek this afternoon. all had good color but all were still fishable. pine seemed to be the highest but im sure you could fish it as long as you were careful wading.

I appreciate the info. I haven't fished the Loyalsock for several years. Actually, it has probably been over a decade now. I'm going to be in the area this weekend and am hoping to spend a little time on it again.

I fished the delayed harvest section on Saturday afternoon. The water was fine. Wading wasn't difficult. There were good numbers of bugs (stones, march browns, and blue quills). I can't vouch for the presence of trout though. I fished about a mile of stream from the Sandy Bottom parking area up and didn't see a fish. The group of guys I met in the parking lot said the same thing.

With the number of march browns I saw on the water I was surprised there was no surface action but I didn't see a single rise.

DSC06106.JPG

DSC06104.JPG

DSC06111.JPG

According to the PFBC site, that section of stream as seen all of its stockings for the year. I can remember it being loaded with fish. I'm not saying they weren't there but I couldn't find them.

No fish but it was still nice to be up north. We took a drive up High Knob towards dark:

DSC06121.JPG

DSC06159.JPG

water has been to cold for surface feeding even though flies are hatching. great pics of that section.

Back