Lycoming Creek, Lycoming County

scottrum

scottrum

Was in the Williamsport area yesterday for work and scouted Lycoming Creek off of Rte 14. Anyone fish the Keystone Select Water area? Is any of the landed posted along the creek looks like a lot of houses and or cabins.

Thanks.

I fish it quite often. There is no posted land that I know of limiting access to any of the area through the Keystone Select waters. Most people turn off of Old 15 and go up the road right before the bridge where the section starts as you are gong up the creek. This way you aren't walking through people's yards. You can also access the upper end of the section at the giant bar thats for sale.

The Keystone select section was extended a pretty good distance upstream this year. There is a lot of private property. In the past, most of those landowners were gracious enough to offer access, one cabin owner even had a small parking lot for fishermen. I am not sure with the reg change if access will remain the same. There is lots of room to spread out up and down the creek.

lycoflyfisher wrote:
The Keystone select section was extended a pretty good distance upstream this year. There is a lot of private property. In the past, most of those landowners were gracious enough to offer access, one cabin owner even had a small parking lot for fishermen. I am not sure with the reg change if access will remain the same. There is lots of room to spread out up and down the creek.

They expanded it? I was not aware...guess I'll have to take a ride up there and see whats going on. I haven't been up since last fall.

Keystone Select Stocked Trout WaterLycoming Creek – 3.0 miles; 0.5 mile upstream Daugherty Run downstream to 0.1 mile downstream of the SR 0015 bridge (Old Route 15) near Haleeka

Straight from the regs online

Yeah...I drove up yesterday just to look and it has expanded. Funny thing is once you get past that old huge bar for sale the next Keystone Select sign is the whole way up at the end of the dead end road.

Back