Lycoming Co.

mjkraw

mjkraw

Anyone been out recently anywhere in Lycoming county? Heading out that way for work next week, and was hoping for some info on how the fishing has been. I'll be out near Trout Run, but willing to drive to get into some decent fishing. Thought Pine creek, Lycoming creek, maybe one of the smaller ones...Any info is much appreciated.

Pine is way too warm with temps not going below 70 during the night. Lycoming is probably borderline for temps, as well. I use Kettle's temp gage as a guide and Kettle is going into the 70's during the day; however, Lycoming may be a couple degrees cooler than Kettle. If you like smaller streams you may want to consider Grays Run or Pleasant Stream. Another possibility may be White Deer Hole Creek outside of Elimsport.

Two other possibilities are Slate and Cedar Runs. I'd still carry a stream thermometer since they can get a bit warm, too. I've taken temps in Slate at over 70 degrees in low water with hot weather.

Light cahill and yellow sallies have been hatching right before dark in the delayed harvest area on Lycoming for the last week. Lots of rising trout taking them. Trout have held over well this year due to the rainy summer. All riffles from the Heshbon Road area north are holding trout. I've even picked up a few wild browns in the last week.

Back