<--lurker

Redsun

Redsun

The title says it all.

My name is Nate (Redsun) and I am a lurker. I like to soak up all the knowledge from this forum as I can. I am fairly new to fly fishing so I don't chime in.

The reason I am posting is because I would like to go to the jamboree at least for a day. I would like to know if there is anything special that I have to do to go. like buy a ticket. bring a case of beer for the village elders. I don't have any kids....... so I am open to giving away my first born for fly fishing immortality.

I have been fly fishing going on 3yrs and I have been to a few streams but I don't explore much being that I did not have confidence in my ability. After gaining a little wisdom on the stream and meeting GREAT people who have helped me. I have come to realize that fishing is a ever evolving and continuing learning experience.

So thanks for all the information I have already obtained and I am looking forward to learning more from you all.

~Redsun

Resun,

Come on down! Everyone is welcome at the Jam. No tickets to buy or fees to pay. Here is the schedule of events. Just show up, meet the guys, and fish your heart out. Glad to have you there. Good fishin'.

Redsun, the Jamboree has evolved from a group of people who met on the internet and in person and decided to gather for a wedding on Penns Creek back a good many years. As this message board grew, so did the Jam, in sprints and bursts.

Using this board, we have made agreement with one another to meet at the campgrounds to share the weekend fishing together. To facilitate the social aspect, a firering and coffee gathering has emerged as the social forum.

All that said, each participant is "on their own" in making arrangements for their lodging, food, drinks and other necessaries. Bring what you need for yourself. If you want to share things with others you met, such as special foods, drinks, ice or whatever, you are free to do so, but under no such obligation.

You must make arrangements with the CG if you are staying there, even if sleeping in your truck. I have not learned from the CG owner whether he wants persons who visit to check in. I do not think he will ask anyone who is not staying in the CG overnight to pay, but I will clarify this with him.

Otherwise, everyone is invited and there is no charge. The pavilion has been rented to provide a gathering spot. A lot of firewood will be consumed on a dry night. To cover these two items, those of us who cooperated to arrange the wood and pavilion will be reimbursed from a voluntary donations jar.

My first Jamboree, I was a little intimidated, walking into what was essentially a group of strangers. Within seconds, I was treated like a friend and have not missed a Jamboree since.

This page will answer a lot of questions too.

Redsun

Nice to have you aboard, hope you can make the Jam, good fun a great fishing!

If I may ask, what area are you from?

PaulG

Welcome Redsun. Come to the Jam and soon you too will be in on our inside jokes like the following:

JackM wrote
If you want to share things with others you met, such as special foods, drinks, [color=CC0000]ice[/color] or whatever, you are free to do so, but under no such obligation.

albatross wrote:
Welcome Redsun. Come to the Jam and soon you too will be in on our inside jokes like the following:

JackM wrote
If you want to share things with others you met, such as special foods, drinks, [color=CC0000]ice[/color] or whatever, you are free to do so, but under no such obligation.

:-o

Red,
It's perfectly okay to lurk and soak up knowledge. However, if you're new to fly fishing and not sure you're ready to chime in, by all means note we have a Beginner's Forum. The BF exists to provide a location where new fly fishers can ask questions without feeling like they're intruding on the regulars in the other forums. We'll help you out.
Hopefully, you can make the JAM for a day and tag along for some fishin with the regulars.

Thanks for the warm welcome :)

I am living right out side Reading ,the eastern side. I don't think I could live in Reading. It scares me LOL... I rather live in Philly.

I am so looking forward to the Jam.

See ya there :)

~RedsunX

Having lived in RDG and PHL, I'd take philly any day. No lie.

Reading's a good trout town though. Berks county's got amazing fishing.

Back