LUNKERFEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SBecker

SBecker

I know there has been some chattering on here about this event, but if you do not plan on making the Jam and live in Eastern Pa, think about checking this out!!

Attachments

• 1ST Annual Lehigh River Stocking Association_mm2.pdf
    791.3 KB · Views: 10
1st Annual? Is there really such a thing? And yet, I am strangely and strongly drawn to the whole thing. Not sure if I can make the JAM, but this may make a good replacement.

The local TU's will be there doing some presentations and just got word the Carbon County Environmental Education Center will be on hand with some cool animals, lizards, snakes for the kids! This is your chance to either win a guided trip on the Lehigh with some great fly fishermen, or fly fish the ocean on a half day private charter with Amanda from Rise Fishing Co.

I dunno, but I am upset that I have to run this thing and I can't fish to win some of the great prizes donated!

For those of you that do know know, The LRSA will be holding Lunker Fest at the Bowmanstown Boat Launch May 21st at 9am. Children 12 and under are free with a paying adult, and are all eligible to win prizes through a raffle system. They do not have to catch a fish on the Mighty Lehigh. The child's top prize is a custom Rod by Wayne Serfass of Waynes Custom Rods and a Simms Vest. Additionally, there are many other prizes for the kids.

For the Adults their are 2 guided drift boat trips on the Lehigh that are for catch and release prizes. Those are donated by Joe Demarkis of River Outdoor Adventures and Ben Turpin a guide out of the Pocono's. Non Catch and release prizes include a charted trip off the coast of NY donated by Rise Fishing Co. The Largest fish will receive a free mount by Randy Hill of Hill's Taxidermy. Some of you hunting guys might know him. He does beautiful work. Many Fishing rods, Tackle box's, Fly Line, Fly Tying supplies, Hats vests, shirts, gift certificates, art work, Fly's from the world Famous Loren Williams and MUCH MORE!

We will also have the Hokey TU there doing demonstrations and the Carbon County Environmental Center will be there with animals for the kids! Horse rides will be available to keep everyone busy and having a good time. RiverWAlck's will be on hand, passing out discount coupons and free samples of some of there BBQ. Also, a owner of a couple Ritas will be there handing out free Rita's Italian Ice's

The contest is 15 dollars and we will be selling food and drinks.

I hope to see some of you there. If more info is needed you can check out our website http://WWW.LRSA.ORG.

Just added............The World Fishing Network is now a sponsor of Lunker Fest!!!!! No jokes LOL

Hi Becker, I just came across this event. I help run the kids event at my club in Delco. So this is like a contest/derby kind of thing? I read the flyer. You can fish frome the bank or the stream? It is just the section that is on the flyer photo, is that correct? And its not just a fly event either correct?

Back