Loyalhanna question

Steeltrap

Steeltrap

I watch the temps of the Loyalhanna and today the USGS website shows the water temp of 79+ degrees. Not exactly trout temps.

But I'm just wondering if it's possible to get a few hook ups in the deeper pools at this time? Places such as Sleepy Hollow bridge?

Any thoughts on that?

I watch the temps of the Loyalhanna and today the USGS website shows the water temp of 79+ degrees. Not exactly trout temps.

But I'm just wondering if it's possible to get a few hook ups in the deeper pools at this time? Places such as Sleepy Hollow bridge?

Any thoughts on that?
No. Moving water in a river or stream does not really stratify, it mixes and the water temp in 10' of water will not be much different than water temps nearer to the surface. Give it a rest for trout. Maybe chase warmwater fish somewhere else.

Catch em, Take em home, and cook em. They will not last the summer...

Speaking of the Loyalhanna - there was talk years ago about removing the Kingston dam. Anyone know the status of that project?? (Sorry OP about changing the subject).

No problem. I was heading up to a piece of property I hunt in Ligonier TWP and I'm going right by the Loyalhanna. I'm not much for keeping fish anymore but I may stop just to toss a spinner across the deeper pool. (And yes....I do tie up the main and treble hooks plus fly material on my spinners!)

I realize if I hook one it may take all the energy outta 'em, but stockies are stockies. Wild's are a different matter.

There are plenty of smallies in there. Drift a black bugger; those bass love hellgramites.

Back