Lost on the Fore Cast Fly Swap

jeffroey

jeffroey

It’s that time of year. The time that I for one tend to lose more flies on the fore cast than I do on the back cast as I shift my attention to the trout hanging out in the shady shallows close to the banks, undercuts, and overhangs waiting for next ant, beetle, hopper, or whatever to fall into the water for an easy sip.

I’m proposing a swap of summer flies – the ones you tie one and throw into the littorals, underneath that tree limb, and within inches of the bank. If you’re like me, you know what I’m suggesting here . . . the ones you tend to use the most to decorate the Game Lands Hemlocks and Rhodo with. No shame in that by the way . . . this time of year if you’re not losing a couple of flies on each outing, you’re simply not fishing close enough to the bank. 😊

Here's the criteria: this swap is for your confidence ants, beetles, hoppers and general attractor patterns you tie on when things slow down in the summer heat and the few rises you see are in the shade within inches of the bank.

We’ll follow Kim’s Rules for this swap:

Registration for this swap will close on Friday, July 26th or when we reach 12 members. Flies are due in to me by Friday, August 23rd.

Swap members should remember the 5 basic things needed for a swap - your flies, each with its own toe tag, all included in your swap box, with a SASE, all included in a sending envelope.

If you are new to fly swaps or a new tyer you are most welcome to join in the fun. Let me know and I can help provide you with any assistance you might need. My job is to ensure that your first swap experience is a good one!

1 -
2 -
3 -
4 -
5 -
6 -
7 -
8 -
9 -
10 -
11 -
12 -