Lost Apple airpod @ Penns on Tunnel

ntallen

ntallen

Couldn’t have seen this coming:

I was being dumb and placed my AirPod precariously on my pack while talking with another angler yesterday. Naturally, I forgot about the earbud & I knocked it into the water. With >500cfs flows, I figured the thing drifted pretty far, especially considering the location— right in the heavy current with a bunch of standing waves, say, a couple hundred yards from the first big bend beyond what is visible from the footbridge. This is relatively near a tree that is almost entirely deadwood near some of the impressively rooted trees along the river left side of the bank (if you don’t fish those pockets/eddies you’re missing out). I gave up looking before I dunked my face into the water…next time I’ll pack goggles.

If my memory is worth anything at all, I think that’s the first big run after the narrow bend of the stream, to describe what I believe the map is showing. Best guess coords are: 40.84621° N, 77.44897° W (map shows precise location, but no coords). I’m pretty positive that the thing should still function, as this is a live location provided some way, some how. My mind is blown.

I realize this is a needle in a hay stack, but I couldn’t resist posting this if it could serve for hilarity’s sake alone.

Attachments

• IMG_6621.jpeg
    IMG_6621.jpeg
    43.3 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_6622.png
    IMG_6622.png
    86.3 KB · Views: 21
Back