Loop knot

Baron

Baron

Who uses Loop knots and for when and what? It seems like it would work well with larger flys to impart and more natural action. Did you find it worthwhile?

Anyway another member suggested I learn it, I'm taking his advice but first I need to narrow it down to the Kreh, perfection or other.

Baron wrote:
Who uses Loop knots and for when and what? It seems like it would work well with larger flys to impart and more natural action. Did you find it worthwhile?

Anyway another member suggested I learn it, I'm taking his advice but first I need to narrow it down to the Kreh, perfection or other.

You can't use a perfection loop for tying on a fly.

A nonslip loop knot is the most commonly used knot to do the job >>>>>>>>

I use a non-slip loop knot for all my trout/bass streamer fishing, carp fishing and saltwater fishing.

Then that is the one I'll learn. I see a consensus.

You can use either
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YCDolG7dHtQ

A non slip loop is more common

Oh that is too easy. It'll never do, lol.
I've been an Arborist and lite sailor off and on for many years and to me that knot looks just like the bow-line know that I can literally tie in my sleep but with the order of event switch around from how I do it. I'll have to try fidgeting around with the loop knot and the perfection and see which I'll like best. I've been using the bowline for a week now with good results.

Back