Looney Tunes Swap

WWKimba

WWKimba

"I know this defies the law of gravity, but I never studied law." - Bugs Bunny

This swap focuses on a fun material to tie with - RABBIT (and hare!). The patterns MUST include some rabbit product - hair/fur, zonkers, hare's mask or feet, etc... The swap is open to a maximum of 12 tyers and we must have at least 6 tyers to hold the swap. This swap is open to ALL level and experience tyers. If you are new er to tying and/or new to swaps please PM me so I can ensure that you get the most out of your swapping experience.

Registration for this swap will remain open until January 16, 2023 and your flies are due to me by no later than Monday, February 13th. 2023. As always please remember your basic five swap items - the flies, each with a toe tag, in a swap box, and a SASE for me to return you flies to you -- all in your sending envelope.

As with all my swaps I'll include a free fly-tying gift or two. Lastly, HAVE FUN! That's the best reason for us to tie in the first place!

Kim

I’m in….
My WBranch caddis dry (named for Matt) will meet the requirement!

C3537241 1B58 43D6 AC27 9FCF1E6B63CF

I’m in. I’ll be tying my Olive Wooly Bomber.

It’s one of my favorite patterns that I tie using a Zonker strip. I’ve caught many different species of fish on this pattern over the years, but it an absolute Smallmouth slayer!

In. I'll do a sulfur usual (basically a comparadun with a snowshoe hare wing).

I would like to try my hand at a swap. Kimba I sent you a PM. If allowed I would like to tie a White Death.

You are both in and I look forward to seeing your ties!

Kim

This swap is now an official swap as we have hit at least 6 tyers. That is great news and BETTER news will be when we fill the other 6 openings. Thanks to those who have helped support the effort to fill this swap - your support is greatly appreciated! :giggle:

Kim

Black Mamba for me

Gotta love those zonkers! You are in my friend.

Kim

5 more openings left!

Still a couple weeks for registration and 5 spots left! Your flies don't have to be in until February 13th. so, plenty of time to register and tie your patterns for this swap that honors rabbit and hare!

Kim

It is two bugs for each participant ???
Thanks

Nope, everybody has to tie one pattern and 1 fly each goes to the other tyers. I have had people voluntarily tie a second pattern and send them in, and that's OK but, you can expect only one back from each of the other tyers. I usually tie 3 patterns because I can't make up my mind (and I LOVE tying!) - sort of like my standard buffet response when asked if I want the beef, chicken, or pasta - YES. But that's just me being me. All i expect is one pattern from each participant per swap.

I hope that I answered your question in my usual short(?!) fashion. And Happy New Year - may your landing net be always heavy!

Kim

Nope, everybody has to tie one pattern and 1 fly each goes to the other tyers. I have had people voluntarily tie a second pattern and send them in, and that's OK but, you can expect only one back from each of the other tyers. I usually tie 3 patterns because I can't make up my mind (and I LOVE tying!) - sort of like my standard buffet response when asked if I want the beef, chicken, or pasta - YES. But that's just me being me. All i expect is one pattern from each participant per swap.

I hope that I answered your question in my usual short(?!) fashion. And Happy New Year - may your landing net be always heavy!

Kim

Not much else to do but tie now that pheasant season is over so there will probably be more .

Back