Looking for some advice before purchasing waders

L

Lawdog47

I have been looking for breathable waders to replace the pair I've had for 16 years. I'm 6'9" with a size 17 boot.

The major suppliers (Orvis, Simms, etc) do not sell anything over a 2XL. Simms will customize their G4Z, but with a price tag of $899 before any changes is not an option.

I have found some on Amazon that go to 5X - Drryfish. I couldn't find anything about the company except on Amazon.

There is an Australian company IWader that you can send your measurements to for a custom size that has some decent reviews online.

Anybody familiar with either company above or suggestions of another supplier?

Thanks in advance

I have been looking for breathable waders to replace the pair I've had for 16 years. I'm 6'9" with a size 17 boot.

The major suppliers (Orvis, Simms, etc) do not sell anything over a 2XL. Simms will customize their G4Z, but with a price tag of $899 before any changes is not an option.

I have found some on Amazon that go to 5X - Drryfish. I couldn't find anything about the company except on Amazon.

There is an Australian company IWader that you can send your measurements to for a custom size that has some decent reviews online.

Anybody familiar with either company above or suggestions of another supplier?

Thanks in advance
Do a sight search on here before you buy anything from there. If you buy them you pretty much can't return them.

Now that you are a senator, shouldn't you be able to pull some strings in DC to find them?

Get zipper front waders. The older you get the harder it is to relieve yourself. Especially if your on a big stream. And you like Busch light!
If you do dont forget to lubricate that zipper! I got a pair the zipper broke but the waiters are fine, currently waiting on a repair. I have a friend thats Big and tall (I think hes 6'4 size 15) and my Buddy Justin Pittman at Precision fly fishing in Mount Holly was able to help him find a pair of waders that was solid for him. A Discount code for precision can be found on this website. They are also a sponsor of this website.

If you haven't yet, call Simms. My brother is a tall skinny SOB with a size 16 foot. They've customized a couple of pairs of Headwaters for him. He never had to go top of the line. It's been a few years so maybe they changed their policies.

I think the past year or so he bought a pair of Patagonias that fit. You could give them a call as well.

Back