Looking for New Water for Me at Yellow Breeches

M

mikeg126

Normally I fish the C&R section of the Breeches, but I’d like to venture out beyond that. I’d like to get advice for places to fish where its not posted land. Specifically, I was looking at Leidigh Dr., Locust Point Road, Zion Rd, or Park Dr (at the Middleton Park. I’m not looking for the hot spots (unless you feel generous) just where to fish with public access.

Mike

Normally I fish the C&R section of the Breeches, but I’d like to venture out beyond that. I’d like to get advice for places to fish where its not posted land. Specifically, I was looking at Leidigh Dr., Locust Point Road, Zion Rd, or Park Dr (at the Middleton Park. I’m not looking for the hot spots (unless you feel generous) just where to fish with public access.

Mike
If you don't mind company, McCormick Rd. is an easy access (creek is right along the road) good fishing early in the season. Also just down from Boiling Springs is a park.

Biggie - I prefer not to be around company but I also try to get up there during the week I’ll check out McCormick Rd. I was also looking at the park area upstream. Thanks!

One of the best ways I've found to learn some new spots on a creek is to help stock. I don't think there are any secret spots on a creek as heavily fished as the Breeches. I've had good success at Locust Point Rd. and at Messiah College. Just get out there before the tube hatch in the summertime, or fish early.

One of the best ways I've found to learn some new spots on a creek is to help stock. I don't think there are any secret spots on a creek as heavily fished as the Breeches. I've had good success at Locust Point Rd. and at Messiah College. Just get out there before the tube hatch in the summertime, or fish early.
When I finally retire in a few years I am hoping to volunteer with stockings. I appreciate the feedback on Locust Point Rd and Messiah College. I was more worried about going to a new location only to find that the land/river access is posted and waste a lot of time.

Back