Looking for Adult Crane Fly Pattern

MD_Gene

MD_Gene

Hi, I paid $3 for a crane fly at a shop. I am looking for a reasonably easy to tie adult crane fly. Any thoughts or links? Thanks in advance.

Our own Chaz ties the best cranefly pattern I've ever used. It's from the swap archives here in the tying forum.

Gotta give credit where credit is due - it's a great fly.

Chaz's cranefly

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U1Y2Zadj5ao

There you go, awesome adult crane fly pattern that has never let me down!

InTheMend wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U1Y2Zadj5ao

There you go, awesome adult crane fly pattern that has never let me down!

Uhhm I will stick with Chaz's lol

That pattern look like overkill.

It works really well for the large ones. Although they are here, they are even more significant out west. It looks like Chaz's is a small imitation. He didn't specify if he was looking for a large or small one. I fish it like you would a hopper dropper and it's deadly. I'm sure Chaz's works very well also.

The pattern I like to use is one I purchase from Jonas at the Feathered Hook. Unfortunately, he advised me that his local tier the makes them will probably no longer be able to. He had 2 left and I grabbed them. Gotta see if I can find them in my tying mess. I will post a pick.....got it

Attachments

• Side view.jpg
    Side view.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 6
The nicest cranefly I ever saw was at Jonas's. I bought a few and they did very well for me. When I stop in I like to buy a few flies or something when I chat. I don't tie this particular fly so I bought a few and was glad i did .

Was it that one?

Tie my own flies, but I have a problem knotting pheasant tail.

I am only one better. Lol

I suggest you two tie some up before you break the last one you have off. I'm gonna tie a few myself.

You know LV....you could make a killing off us. Lol

Shane, if you want some they're just a pm'd address away. If I can tie em good enough that is. What size are they?

14s and 16s are what I have. Thanks for the kind offer. Let me know if you figure out how to tie knots in the pt! That is what is holding me back! Lol

Heritage-Angler wrote:
Our own Chaz ties the best cranefly pattern I've ever used. It's from the swap archives here in the tying forum.

Gotta give credit where credit is due - it's a great fly.

Chaz's cranefly

I agree. Chaz's pattern works extremely well. I've patterned my own off of his and it works good too.

I humbly retract my last offer, there's no way that dude got paid enough! :roll:
cranefly_zps78b34ec6.jpg
[/URL]

Lmao....now you know why we purchased them. Bwhahahaha

Yep...

Just the thought of tying all those little legs makes me queezy.

Back